I had to update a Cisco SG350 recently, which should have been really easy but ended up being a bit of a pain.
Here’s how I’d do it again:
- Download the firmware:
- Ignore the GUI, pretend it never existed, as best I can work out it just doesn’t work well.
- Download a tftp software, I suggest tftpd64 as it brilliant:
- Run the tftp software and point it at the firmware, make a note of the IP.
- SSH to the switch with putty and run the following to check the version:
- Then run this command on the switch (The IP if the IP of the tftp software):
boot system tftp://192.168.1.2/image_tesla_hybrid_18.104.22.168_release_cisco_signed.bin
- Now reboot:
- Once it’s rebooted, check the version, and you are done!