Certain devices require uploading a separate private/intermediate/root certificates. Intermediate / Root certificates are easily obtainable from issuers repository however, private keys need to be exported out (Meru Controller being one).
I’ve used a software called OPENSSL to export private key.
Commands are as follows:
- Open up CMD and browse to OPENSSL location
- openssl pkcs12 -in C:\temp\wildcardcert.pfx -nocerts -out privatekey.cer
- It will ask you for a PFX password
- Once entered it will ask you for another password to protect private key
- Majority of devices will require unencrypted certificate so run the below command to decrypt it
- openssl rsa -in C:\temp\privatekey.cer -out privatekeyunencrypted.cer
- It will ask you for password for your private key.
- Your private key should now be decrypted