If you this after install:
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
I fixed it by doing the following:
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to System
- Go to Advanced Systems Properties
- Then Environment Variables
- In System Variables, click Add
- New Variable Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
- New Variable Value: -Xmx512M
- Click OK
For those interested, Java -Xmx/s is the configuration parameter that control the amount of memory Java uses.
Xmx sets the maximum heap memory size
Xms sets the minimum heap memory size