So a customer recently had issues where their users were typing the wrong URL and then complaining that they couldn’t log in.
To try and help (and can you really help users who don’t know their own URL?, I mean come on you work there a minimum of 37 hours a week) this issue I suggested adding a simple logo to the OWA home page, i.e. go from:
So I logged onto each of the four Exchange 2010 Client Access Servers navigated to:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa
And then chose the folder that matched the version of Exchange in our case: 14.342.3 (to check open Exchange 2010 console and click help and About Exchange Server 2010):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\14.2.342.3\
Next I found the logo file I needed to modify, specifically: lgntopl.gif
Edited the gif to look like the above (well not exactly like that) and replaced the on each Client access server.
Navigated to the web and BAM…… didn’t work!
So next I checked the exchange console > Server Configuration > Client access
And noticed the version was actually on Build 247.5, so decided to swap the gif in the matching location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\ClientAccess\Owa\220.127.116.11\
And BAM, still didn’t work!!
Well at this point I was annoyed….
So remembered (and called myself various names) that we have a Threat Management Gateway that presents OWA to the internet.
So after a quick search on the TMG and a few clicks of the Exchange OWA web listener I found:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway\Templates\CookieAuthTemplates\Exchange\HTML
Swapped the gif file and BAM, still didn’t work!! ARRRRGGGHHH
Here’s the clincher, I had to restart the TMG service!! Unfortunately TMG caches these pages and restarting the service is the only way to clear the cache as far as I know.
So BAM it works!! 🙂